Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Since I still have 45 minutes until class starts and I don't feel like working anymore, I'm going to write about the bizarre dream I had last night. It is really starting to creep me out as I continue to think about it.

Okay, I'm pregnant. I'm having Joshua Lyman's baby (think West Wing). He's bouncing around in the cute, frenetic way he always does, suggesting obsurd names for our baby. I shoot them all down, because I've known what I've wanted to name a baby for the past 5 years (in reality, too). So I give him my speech about why the only choices are Odette Magdalen and Tate Henry. Then we're at a completely existential hostpital: there are no numbers on the doors and no one is there but us, lost, roaming through the halls, looking for a doctor because my water has broken. Then suddenly, I'm looking down at a surreal amusement park on a pier and flying over it as I get closer to a modern, white house on the edge of a cliff. Then the scene jumps to a basement. I'm alone and I give birth to a Life cereal box. I open the box and inside is the baby, but it's made of glass and instead of a heart, there is cream of wheat. And then I start to cry quietly because that means my baby is dead.

What could that possibly mean? I don't think that all dreams mean something, but I know that they're reflective of the ideas that are in one's subconscious during the waking day. Well, I've been watching a lot of the West Wing, but nothing else is vaguely familiar or relevant to my life right now. One of my biggest fears, though, is an unhealthy baby. But, honestly, I'm only 23 and I can't even find a man. Before I got out of bed, I tried to im imagine opening the box and finding a living baby (I always try to rewrite bad dreams), but I couldn't. I'm not sad about it...I feel kind of numb and depressed by the whole idea, though.

Has anyone ever had a prophetic dream? Or one that was creepy but meant nothing at all? Please comment:)

No comments: