Friday, March 18, 2005

Tonight, I was planning on watching my favorite Disney movies with my cousins. It was going to be a double feature of "The Sword in the Stone" and "Robin Hood" (my absolute favorite is Beauty and the Beast, but I couldn't believe that I found the other two at my video store!). Well, my cousins had to go to a talent show, so I ended up watching "Before Sunrise" with my grandparents;) Needless to say, they added a hilarious running commentary, a lot of which involved me yelling explanations at my grandpa because he refuses to turn up his hearing aid. This is a typical conversation:
"How's your hearing aid working, grandpa?"
"What?"
At least he saw the humor in that after he turned it up.

But during the movie, there's a scene when the two characters are lying in the park at night and kissing.
My grandma: "They better not do what I think they're going to do. The police will get 'em!"

After the male character says "We don't have to have sex tonight, it's not important..."
My grandpa: "That's what he thinks."

The best part about my grandparents is that they play up these funny comments just for laughs (the same way I pretend to not know about sports just to annoy my dad).

Okay, here's my favorite grandparentism :)
After the couple in the movie wake up and leave the park in the morning:
My grandpa: "Well, that must have been damp."

No comments: