Monday, May 22, 2006

Grr and fit (a family saying for anger)
I have a colleague who's making me so frustrated. I hate when people contact superiors before just talking to me...honestly, I'm easy-going and passive aggressive, and I'd probably end up doing all your work for you if you just came and politely spoke to me first. But, then people make the mistake of double crossing me, patronizing me, or accusing me of putting teacher interests before the students...well, I have my posse of esl teachers to back me when things get ugly! Our new mantra (against the anti-ESL teachers) is "solidarity!" with a fist pump. Apparently, that motion is equally motivating in all three of our cultures.

Anyway, I'm not in this field to make enemies, but I won't back down when you question the importance of teaching English to these children, especially since 50% of Latino students drop out of school. I might need to be sneaky (in a professional way, of course). Another thing I inheirited from my mom is an ability to tell people what they want to hear and then get my way in the end.

My dad messed around with my internet security this weekend and now I can't use my wireless connection. It's amazing how much the world has changed since my parents were my age...I'm actually annoyed that I can't read the New York Times on the internet in bed tonight!

My word wall, just to add some color to this post!

No comments: