Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Springtime-induced amnesia
It is incredibly beautiful today! This is the perfect weather: 60's, sunny and windy, and all the lilacs (my favorite flower) are in bloom. I went on a long run after work...I've missed the Lake Harriet hills so much! I'm such a cross-country freak; I only like running the hills, because it's more of a challenge, and I'm a little too goal-oriented. Anyway, all of the gorgeous weather almost made me forget how much winter here sucks.

Today was crazy. It started with a study group meeting at 7:45, then an assessment meeting at 8, teaching, another assessment meeting, teaching, assessment meeting, and more teaching. Then I stayed until 5:30 preparing for the rest of the week! I was in the worst mood in the morning- with all the pointless meetings. Also, since the barometer was fluctuating today, it felt like all the kids were a little bit stir crazy. I know someone who's doing research on that theory. They were just so rude to me, which I think is problematic of the students at our school in general. I spend an hour collaborating in a classroom with 5 (5!) students with emotional-behavior disorders. These are the children who scream, burst out in tears, abuse their classmates, and never seem to get any real work done. I have all the empathy in the world for them, but with that many in one class, it's a wonder that the classroom teacher isn't pulling out her hair. But the day got better...I love working after school and just getting to chit chat with the other teachers. Some of them are so funny.

So, if I seem like I'm in a much better mood these days, it's because I'm completely seasonally-affected :)

No comments: