Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Starbucks has become overrun with high school students this week. I was watching them fill out outlines and try to study together, and it reminded me of what I thought about college students when I was their age. I remember seeing a group of college students studying really hard subjects like organic chemistry or ancient civilizations, and thinking that they must be so smart and dedicated, and I wondered if I could ever be like that. And then today it hit me that in less than three weeks, I won't even be a college student anymore. I kind of wanted to tell this group of really loud students tonight, who were obviously not getting any studying done and just putting it off to be with their friends, that I was bs-ing a 15 page research paper about second language acquisition and that tomorrow I'll be making up a theory about Freud's ideal democracy. So I never really learned.

The Secret SALT sabotage was a bust: email me -rosynic@yahoo.com- if you want people to congratulate you with balloons, cards, and maybe candy after your last final. It's an Oxford tradition (we're just skipping the egg and flour part)!!

No comments: