Sunday, October 31, 2004

Alissa's halloween party was hilarious! Julie dressed as a chain-smoking, beer-guzling pregnant woman with curlers? Classic! Plus, I met people who actually want to go dancing on weekends (instead of just heading to a bar and camping out) and a really nice guy with Peter Sellers glasses. I changed my mind at the last minute about being a hula girl and instead went as Fallon Carrington Cabot (aka Alexis' daughter on Dynasty). It was a little too obscure for most people to guess, but for some reason, a lot of people coveted my silver lamé heels. Is lamé back in?

A lot of my classmates were talking about their futures: how can we plan out our lives so that we have no regrets? Well, personally, I think "no regrets" is a state of mind. BUT, I am so happy that I jumped right into graduate school after college, because I'm one of the youngest in the class and therefore have a lot more time to plan for my future. I'll have a full-time teaching job (and a Masters) by next September! Isn't that crazy?

Happy Halloween, everyone! Feliz día de los muertos! I bought my first sugar skull. Besides which, Halloween officially marks the slide into Christmas. I can't remember who I've told, but my immediate family will only be together for one day this Christmas. My mom will be here until Christmas Day, when my dad will arrive. They're schedules are very tight. So, I told my mom that I want a trip to someplace warm for Christmas. I have half of January off and they will have more vacation days then, so I'm crossing my fingers that they'll buy me a round-trip ticket to Bermuda and a free scooter rental! I'll be a little burnt out by then, especially from the infamous Minnesota winter. But I've never ever been on a vacation where I'm just allowed to sit around and tan, read trashy novels, and watch tv. Our family vacations are always either educational or jam-packed with activities and reservations. And also, all you Wash U students who had the entire summer off (or graduates who've had even more)--- I've only had two weeks off from school since graduation!

No comments: