Sunday, October 10, 2004

It's been a busy weekend!
On Friday night I hosted a debate party for my class...we were so excited that Kerry finally mentioned No Child Left Behind, because we're a bunch of future teachers and could listem to the candidates talk about that for 90 minutes! I didn't see anyone I knew from Washington University, even on the CNN pre-debate shows, but my friends and I enjoyed the woman in the flag shirt and the cute guy with square glasses. Was it me or did John Kerry always refer back to Nikki? Jake thinks that that was the only name Kerry could remember. My question is: does Bush knowingly receive $84 a year for having stake in a Timber business?

On Saturday I went to meet my parents and my brother at St. Olaf for parents' weekend. First, we went to the Jesse James museum, where we learned so much about a bank robbery. During the tour by the elderly owner, my mom kept saying "I'll be darned," because there isn't much else to say when someone tells us that the actual clock from the bank was found only 100 miles south of the town, 30 years ago. Afterwards we went to the St. Olaf homecoming game and barbeque. The Ole (their team name) fight song is so sweet: it's really slow, like a drinking song, and the refrain is "um yah yah, um yah yah..." repeated over and over! My brother has a radio show called "The Donner Family, " and their slogan is "come eat with us" (because it's at lunch time). It's just a bit morbid, but I guess pretty creative too.

Last night I went to Jenny & Jakes to play games. It's so great to have nice neighbors. Jenny and I reminised about when Ricky Martin was still hot ("Vuelve") and Jake did physics parlor tricks. I didn't get any sleep, though, and I have to do all of my homework really quickly before my parents come up this afternoon.

No comments: