Monday, May 23, 2005

After spending many aggrevating hours trying to request official transcripts from Wash U and University of Minnesota today, I realized how lucky I am to have all this time to worry about my future. And a safety net to fall back on in case it doesn't work. Last night I realized that my job offer in Maryland is so much better than anything else I've found- it pays $15,000 than the next highest offer! So I'm rushing to get everything finalized:)

Anyway, since I made myself stop working after about 3 straight hours of screaming at wustl.edu, I started thinking about one of my favorite memories. When I was traveling around Europe two years ago in March, I was so lucky to spend a week in Barcelona with my dad. One night, we got dressed up and walked along the Ramblas to a little restaurant called El Café. There were street lamps inside at each table. Anyway, we split a pitcher of Sangria and after that, everything was extremely funny. As we walked through the city back to the hotel, people started leaning out their windows and banging on pots and pans. My dad was quite bewildered. It was a city-wide protest of the war. We saw people ride by on bikes banging pans. The city was so beautiful, exotic, and magic after dark. The Gaudí facades are lit up and music is always playing somewhere. When I was looking for new music on itunes, I found these songs which remind me exactly of how beautiful that day was. They're great summer songs!

Here's my Barcelona mix:

1. "Una Música Brutal" by Gotan Project
2. "Contigo" by Federico Aubele
3. "Je suis venu te dire que je m'en vais" by Stereo Total
4. "Vuelvo al Sur" by Gotan Project
5. "Esta Noche" by Federico Aubele
6. "Ante Tus Ojos" by Federico Aubele
7. "Le chant des coquelicots" by Amélie-les-crayons
8. "Por Arriba, Por Abajo" by Ricky Martin (Yes, I know, but it was in the Spanish days)

No comments: