Thursday, May 19, 2005

I caught something horrible when I visited the kindergartners last week! I've almost never felt this lethargic before. This morning I was burning up and almost blacked out when I got up out of bed. I've got every symptom of a cold at the same time (watery eyes? check. incessent sneezing? check. completely gross cough? check. sinus pressure? check. runny nose? double check!) I walked downtown to get some ice cream and the woman behind the counter looked shocked because I sound like a cross between Nina Simone and the crypt keeper. And a little bit of a smoker hoarseness thrown in too. I have no desire to do anything except lay on the couch and bemoan the fact that I'm doing nothing when I have so much to do. Isn't the worse kind of business when the goals are undefined? I mean, my ultimate goal is to get a job. So how many stupid cover letters should I write every day? How much should I harass my advisors about returning their recommendations? Okay, just sitting up to type is wearing me out. I must lay down.

No comments: