Friday, May 13, 2005

Yay! It's time for "What should Nicole do with her life?" This requires some audience participation:

a) Take the job in Prince George's County, Maryland, even though I've never been to Maryland, it's supposed to be the most "crime-ridden" county in the state, I could be assigned to any grade level, and I currently have no place to live. On the positive side, I will be earning more than my dad did when he was an associate professor at Dartmouth (which isn't saying much, really, but it made him laugh).

b) Try to find a job here in the Twin Cities, taking into account that every other person in my graduating class is looking for a job here and both districts are making huge cutbacks. Also, I'm tired of all the family drama in this frozen tundra. But, I do have a cute appartment and really nice friends.

c) Try to find a job in _____________ (please fill in the blank with a location, anywhere in the world that you think I should go. Please give a reason,too).

d) Move back to my parents' bed & breakfast and work at Starbucks. Take into account that I will be highly caffeinated and living with my parents, which might be a combustible situation;)

I need to make a good decision this time! I chose Wash U because I remembered the pretty tulips from when I toured the campus (which I realized right away are only planted for visitors). I chose University of Minnesota because I was scared of living by myself in New York City (I still can't believe I turned down Steinhardt)! So, this time, I need some input first. If you have suggestions about the right way to make this choice, please tell me. Should I do something wild and try NYC now? Should I do something compassionate (and crazy) and choose southern California, where I'm needed? Should I move back near my parents since I like having familial support? Or should I move to Taiwan because it would be an experience and it's time I did things on my own? Okay. Please Respond :)

No comments: