Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I'm in a complaining sort of mood, so here it is:
I'm so sick of being in school. We had class for 3 1/2 hours today, one hour of which was spent meeting our penpals. Since two of mine had been consecutively kicked out of school, I got to spend the time applying temporary tatoos and cleaning up crumbs. Then I had to present my single licensure poster 6 times in a row. And my post looked so amateur compared to the rest. It was swirly, loopy, lettering, and lots and lots of colors (I thought I would be presenting to the whole class!) Most people had authentic examples and a few even made graphs. After that 35 minutes of non-stop talking right next to the radiator, I had to listen to 6 more presentations. Now I'm going to eat dinner, then go to Starbucks and start typing up my single licensure paper (8 pages) which I really want to turn in early on Thursday.

In addition to having a grating day in general, I'm nervous about getting a job. My super-organized friend Jenny already has one! I haven't even sent my applications to more than three schools. I think I might want to move to Virginia or Maryland; somewhere close to Washington. I've wanted to live there since I was in middle school, and this is my chance to choose, right? Before there are factors in my life, like a life (&family), that will keep my tied to one place. It frustrates me that I keep having to make these huge choices every few years: where to go to college, where to go to graduate school... I'm exhausted.

No comments: