Monday, April 26, 2004

My schedule is working! I got so much done today and I didn't stress out at all. I can't believe WILD is this friday, though. I'm so excited for Live!! One summer during high school, all of my friends rented a house on Chappaquiddick for a week and we rode bicycles all over Martha's Vineyard and we listened to "Throwing Copper" on repeat the whole time! It always reminds me of summertime. I told my parents about the commencement speaker, Thomas Friedman, and my mom started screaming because I guess it's their favorite writer from the New Yorker. My dad said he's going to try to get his autograph. I honestly didn't know who he was.

Oh, and I had a random thought while I was studying philosophy...if the music that people call their favorite is always what's popular during their college years, does that mean that we'll be humming "hey ya" when we're sitting around the retirement home? Instead of polka dancing on Friday nights, will we get together to go to raves? And instead of bridge, will we play nertz, spit, or bs?
-nicole

No comments: