Saturday, November 12, 2005

I can't deal with the bugs in my building anymore. When I came home tonight there were two 3-inch-long centipedes in the stairwell. Three inches! That's more than disgusting...I could see the eyes. So, I'm going to request pest control again, and after that I might go to a lawyer and get a rent abatement (that's legal jargon for a partial refund...there's a lot of helpful information on the Renters' website:). I don't even sleep in my bedroom anymore, so I shouldn't really have to pay for a one-bedroom, because what I really have is a studio with an extra room to store my clothes, that is otherwise sealed off because the centipedes roam at night. Anyway, the minute that I saw them, I froze and my hand went to my neck to button my collar. I have a subconscious, innate skittishness around huge insects. I might not get any sleep tonight. I need a vacation so much...from my apartment. What I really need is someone to protect me from the bugs. Like a sweet dog to sniff them out.

No comments: