Sunday, November 20, 2005

I can't wait to go home on Wednesday...sometimes it's just nice to have someone take care of you for a little while. And my mom is the best cook!

Today at church, we sang South African music with the visiting Reverend. It was so beautiful and so much fun, since Episcopalian traditions can seem kind of rote when they're not spiced up every once in a while. After church, I met the "young adult" group, since I'd never been able to find them before. We went to brunch at The Local, which is now my favorite restaurant! It's a traditional Irish restaurant/pub...it reminds me of the pubs in England- American bars can't compete with the atmosphere of drinking with people of all ages, cute little kids and old men (well, not everyone is drinking, but there seems to be a kinship among the patrons). You don't have to hook up or do shots in a pub. And they have Irish coffee and a beautiful, dark room called the Kissing Room:) It's so romantic...and I was there with strangers.

I really like the song "Autumn Sweater" by Yo La Tengo. For some reason it was offered as a ringtone on my phone...Yo La Tengo- isn't that random? But I love it!
When I heard the knock on the door
I couldn't catch my breath
Is it too late to call this off

We could slip away, wouldn't that be better
Me with nothing to say, and you in your autumn sweater

I tried my best to hide
In a crowded room, it's nearly possible
I wait for you, oh, most patiently

So I looked for your eyes
And the waves looked like they'd pour right out of them
I'll try hard, I'll try always
But it's a waste of time
It's a waste of time if I can't smile easily
Like in the beginning
In the beginning...

No comments: